01 March 2012
It's important for web developers these days to have both Apache and IIS web servers run on their workstations. But the default XAMPP for Windows will install Apache as a service configured to run on Port 80. If you have IIS installed and running, you’d probably want to configure XAMPP to run Apache Web Server on a different port.
A few configuration keys need to be changed to allow IIS to run on Port 80, and Apache to run on Port 8080:
- Search for "Listen 80", and change to "Listen 8080"
- Search for "ServerName localhost:80", and change to "ServerName localhost:8080"
- Search for "Listen 443", and change to "Listen 4499"
- Search for "", and change to ""
- Search for "ServerName localhost:443", and change to "ServerName localhost:4499"
Restart Apache via the XAMPP control panel, and open http://localhost:8080/ Good luck!!
About Site by Tommy
Freelance web design and developer in Jakarta and Microsoft Certified Professional with five years of experience in web design and development, application development, database system, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), graphic design, logo design, business cards, corporate letterhead, posters/banners, brochures and flyers, social media marketing, and email marketing/campaign.